Soft and chewy with a thick crust, this triple chocolate chip cookie pizza is incredibly easy to make. A perfect alternative to a birthday or celebration cake!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my Full Disclosure.
I’ve been wanting to share this recipe for a while so I’m so glad the day is finally here! This giant triple chocolate chip cookie pizza is so soft and chewy with a crisp crust. Plus, it’s actually quicker and easier to make than individual cookies!
Chocolate chip cookie pizza recipe
I first tested this for my partner’s birthday back in the summer, but I’ve since worked on the recipe some more to get it perfect. As it turned out, this giant cookie pizza recipe is an ideal alternative to a birthday cake. I simply added some colourful sprinkles and stuck some candles on top – he loved it!
Triple chocolate chip cookie pizza ingredients
I adapted this cookie pizza from my Chewy Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, simply by adjusting some of the ingredient ratios to give the best chewy, giant chocolate chip cookie pizza! Full amounts can be found in my recipe card at the bottom of this post, but to summarise, you’ll need:
- Plain flour for the cookie’s structure
- Cocoa powder to add chocolate flavour to the cookie dough
- Cornflour makes the cookie extra soft
- Bicarbonate of soda helps to leaven the cookie slightly, making it thicker
- Salt to balance the flavours
- Caster sugar for sweetness
- Light brown sugar for sweetness and extra chewiness
- Melted butter makes the cookie centre even chewier!
- Egg yolks bind the dough
- Vanilla extract for added flavour
- Chocolate chips I add both white and dark chocolate chips!
How to make a triple chocolate chip cookie pizza
This recipe is honestly dangerously easy to make! It’s both quicker and easier to make than standard cookies as you can skip both rolling out cookie dough balls and batch baking trays of cookies. I apologise in advance as you’ll definitely be making this more than once! 🙃
Full instructions with step-by-step photos can be found in my recipe card below, but to summarise:
- Preheat your oven to 170°C/150°C fan and line the base of a 33cm/13inch pizza pan/tray with a sheet of baking/parchment paper, to prevent the pizza dough from falling through the pan holes when baking!
- Add the plain flour, cocoa powder, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda and salt to a medium-sized bowl, then whisk to combine
- Add both sugars and the melted butter to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine
- Next, add the egg yolks and vanilla to this large bowl and whisk to combine
- Add half the dry ingredients to the large bowl and fold together with a rubber spatula until combined, then repeat with the final half of dry ingredients
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and fold them through the mixture with your spatula
- Pour the cookie dough mixture onto your lined 33cm/13inch pizza pan/tray and spread it right to the edge with your spatula
- Bake for around 20 minutes, then place on your countertop for 5 minutes. Press some extra chocolate chips on top of the cookie while it’s still warm from the oven
- Place on a wire cooling rack to finish cooling. Done!
Top tips for making the best chocolate chip cookie dessert pizza
- Use a pizza pan which has a little depth to it and has a slight lip around the edge like the one shown in my photos. If you use a thinner pan with no lip, the cookie dough may spill over the edges of the pan as it rises slightly when baked!
- If your pan has holes in the base like mine, you must line it with baking or parchment paper or the dough will fall through the holes as it bakes!
- For a chewy cookie pizza, bake for around 20 minutes – overbaking will make it more crunchy
- While the pizza cookie is still hot from the oven, press some extra white and dark chocolate chips on top – this is mainly for appearance!
Decoration ideas for a chocolate chip cookie pizza
I’m sharing this recipe just before Valentine’s Day as I thought this would be a sweet treat to surprise your partner with! You could scatter some of your favourite sprinkles on top. You could also add a simple message in chocolate chips as shown below, or you could pipe a message in icing!
How should I store a chocolate chip cookie pizza?
You can store any leftover cookie pizza in an airtight container, or double wrapped in film, and keep it at room temperature. It should keep well for 3-4 days!
Can I freeze leftover cookie pizza?
Yes, this freezes really well. Store in an airtight container and wrap in film. If stacking slices on top of each other, it’s best to place a piece of baking/parchment paper between layer to prevent them from sticking together! It should keep well in the freezer for around 4 months.
To conclude, this triple chocolate chip cookie pizza is:
- Soft and chewy with a crunchy crust
- Incredibly quick and easy to make
- Easier to make than individual cookies as no need to roll out cookie dough balls or batch bake multiple trays of cookies
- A perfect alternative to a birthday or other celebration cake
- Freezable so no leftovers go to waste!
If you try this recipe I’d love to see! You can show me by tagging me @bakerjoblog or using #bakerjoblog!
Other cookie recipes to try:
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza
- 33cm/13inch pizza pan/tray (with a little depth and a lip around the edge)
- 200 g plain flour
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp cornflour level
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda level
- 1/4 tsp salt level
- 160 g light brown sugar
- 60 g caster sugar
- 230 g unsalted butter melted
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 80 g dark or milk chocolate chips
- 80 g white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 170°C/150°C fan and line the base of your 33cm/13inch pizza pan/tray with a sheet of baking/parchment paper.
- Add the plain flour, cocoa powder, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda and salt to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Add the light brown sugar, caster sugar and melted butter to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Next, add the egg yolks and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Add half the dry ingredients to the large bowl and fold together with a spatula until just combined.
- Repeat with the final half of dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold to combine.
- Pour the cookie dough mixture onto your lined pizza pan and spread right to the edge with your spatula. The dough is quite soft so will need to be spread with the spatula rather than your hands as that might get messy!
- Bake for around 20 minutes on the middle shelf of your preheated oven.
- Place the pizza tray on your countertop for 5 minutes as it will continue baking on the hot tray.
- While the cookie pizza is still hot from the oven, press extra dark/milk and white chocolate chips on top. This is just for appearance but I personally prefer how it looks!After 5 minutes on the counter, you can then place the pizza tray on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Best eaten within 3-4 days. Store in an airtight container or wrapped in film at room temperature.